The Angry/Hurt Caller

Ring…Ring….Ring… "How may I help you?”

“You can start by answering the phone! I have been transferred and put on hold!”

“We are sorry to keep you waiting and I realize it must be frustrating waiting for someone to talk to. We as an agency striv…..”

“Yeah, Yeah, Yeah…..I heard that all before. I don’t know what you do there but you sure ain’t doin’ nothing for me! Now what are you going to do about my son!”

“We would really like to help your son and your family. What are you concerned about with your son?”

“My family! WE don’t Neeeeed any help, HE is the one that Needs HELP…I need to put him some place. I can’t deal with him any longer.”

“Wow, he seems to be pushing you to your limit and this is the last straw.”

“YES! He is going to drive me crazy.”

“It really sounds like you care about him and want to see him be successful.”

At this point she starts to cry and say, “ yeah…I have really tried I don’t know what to do anymore…He is getting kicked out of school every other day. He doesn’t listen at school or at home. He does not want to do his school work. He is often angry. He has been lashing out at everyone around here since his father left four years ago. It’s just gotten worse. I thought he would feel better as time went on but his father comes around once in a while or calls and promises to come but ever shows up…..I can’t deal with the school anymore…they keep calling me at my job. I am about to lose my job and I can’t supervise him at home when he has been kicked out of school.”

“It sounds like his school problems are causing the most disruption. We have a mental health worker at his school. I would recommend that we contact her and see if she can meet with him, his teachers and yourself to come up with a plan to help him be more successful in school. She can also provide psychotherapy for your son to address some of his feelings regarding his father and assist him with some coping skills to manage these feelings.”

She sniffles and says, “I am willing to try anything!”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interface Consultation Services - Update

Interface Consultation Services - Update (Hiring Part - Time)