Loads of Snot!

It’s Friday! When I was working a regular 9-5, Fridays was the day when we could wear jeans, act out, act up and have fun! We used to play shark ball. The only rules of the game was it only stopped when something got broken or the boss came in. The boss was hardly ever around on Friday so usually the game was only stopped by something breaking. So in remembrance or those Fond Fun Fridays that we all looked forward to I am writing a little off topic and “acting out” today. Hope y’all have fun with this one and any words of wisdom, or docs who what to chime in with diagnosis or recommended treatment go ahead, comment door is wide open. I take all responsibility for my behaviors and choices I make and in writing I say, “I will not sue you!”

Here has been my dilemma, I have been dealing with snot for almost 2 weeks now. 2 WEEKS! Yeah, I said two weeks with no end in sight and I have become curious about this thing we call snot, boogers, or more appropriately “Mucus”.

Official definition: Mucus: A thick slippery fluid produced by the membranes lining certain organs such as the nose, mouth, throat, and vagina. Mucus is the Latin word for "a semifluid, slimy discharge from the nose." Note that mucus is a noun while the adjective is mucous.

It has been my closest partner and our time together has brought a bound of intimacy that I would have never expected. I carry it around with me everywhere I go either inside my body or balled up in multiple tissues surrounding my bed, my work space, my car and my home. The stream is never ending! Usually after a couple of days the snot starts to taper off, but not this time, baby. I am beginning to think this might be a new lifetime partner. I do want to mention for all of you that are curious, there is loads of it! I have not counted the Kleenex I have went through. Trust me there is loads of snot coming from my body! Craig was a my witness yesterday and can testify in court if needed. Where does all this mucus come from? I blow my nose and two minutes later there is more snot? I blow my nose again and three minutes later I can feel it building again? And on and on and on….Will it ever stop?

Now, I have heard the color of your snot means “something”. Come on docs, we need your help here…Supposedly, the color can help diagnose what might be causing all this mucus: Cold, flu, virus, infection, allergies, etc.
Clear
Yellow
Green

Brown
White

By the way, mine is yellowish green today and for the past couple of days before that it was more clear with a little yellowing.

This whole thing started a couple weeks ago when my other life partner, my husband was so gratuitous to share the stomach flu with me and after being down and out without eating well for 5 days. We had some friends over and one of them seemed to be “recovering from a cold”. We guess what the next day I started to sneeze, feel tired, oh yeah a low grade fever, body aches and much more SNOT…This was the start of my relationship with snot. So if anyone knows how to reduce the snot, how long it will stay with me or any other words of wisdom for the Queen of Snot feel free to advise!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sounds like you have a sinus infection, you may want to get that checked out. :)

~J
check out the ads that blogger chose for this posting...Fecal incontinence..LOL, OMG..I love Fridays!

Popular posts from this blog

Interface Consultation Services - Update

Interface Consultation Services - Update (Hiring Part - Time)